Lund, NV is located on Nevada State Highway 318 approximately 32 miles southwest of Ely. Lund is a census-designated place in White Pine County, Nevada. The population of Lund as of 2011 was 282.
The Tom Plane Ranch was established in 1873 and from it grew the town of Lund. Lund was named for Anthon H. Lund, an early Morman settler and was settled in 1898. It was settled on land that the United States government had given The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in lieu of land that had been confiscated under the Edmunds-Tucker Act.
The first settlers were Latter-Day Saints and in 1903 the first church was built. In 1908, a more substantial 30 by 50 foot cement block church was built. The Mormon Church would become the driving force behind Lund and nearby Preston. An old bunkhouse was converted into Lund's first schoolhouse. Stores catering to local ranches opened, the most successful of them being the Lund Mercantile Company. Buildings from Lund's early years still remain.
In 1915 the Lund School District was bonded and a new concrete school constructed which was in turn replaced in 1931 by a new high school. Today, students attend school at the new Lund K-12 school facility which was constructed and dedicated in August, 2002.
Lund has continued to be a ranching and farming town, never growing very large but maintaining a steady population of about 250.