Military & Overseas Ballots

Absentee Voting

A Uniformed and Overseas Citizen Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) voter who is not already registered in Nevada can register and request an absent ballot by completing and sending the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) form to their local county clerk / registrar of voters. Registering with an FPCA form will also constitute a request for an absent ballot.

Absent Ballot

If you are already registered in Nevada, you may request an absent ballot by mail, fax, or email. Once your request is received, the county clerk / registrar will verify that you are a registered voter in the county and will issue the appropriate balloting materials to the voter via mail, fax, or email. Once a voter receives their ballot, marks their selections, and completes and signs the Oath of Voter, they may return their voted ballot via mail, fax, or email. All ballots must be received by 7:00 pm on Election Day.

A UOCAVA voter who makes a timely application for, and does not receive a regular ballot, may vote a Federal Write-In Absent Ballot (FWAB).

Electronic Transmission

If you request and return your ballot via electronic transmission, you must complete the "Overseas and Military Voters Declaration" and "Electronic Transmission Cover Sheet". These will be sent to you at the time your ballot is transmitted to you.

Click here to access the Federal Voting Assistance Program website for Nevada