Duties of the Clerk
Registrar of Voters
As registrar of voters / elections, the clerk is responsible for ensuring voter rolls are up to date and that elections are administered according to federal and state election laws.
Clerk of the Board of County Commissioners
The clerk also serves as ex-officio clerk for the following White Pine County boards:
- Board of Commissioners – charged with the fiscal responsibility of the county
- White Pine Fire District – charged with the responsibility of fire protection and some emergency services
- Board of Equalization (PDF) – reviews the valuation of property and estimation of certain property by county assessor; hears all taxpayer appeals
- Debt Management Commission (PDF) – reviews proposals for increases in community debts
The county clerk also serves as the clerk of the Seventh Judicial District Court and maintains the following court records:
- Appeals from Justice Court
- Civil cases involving claims in excess of $10,000
- Criminal cases for persons charged with felonies and gross misdemeanors
- Extraordinary writs
- Family and domestic relations matters
- Juvenile matters
- Mental commitments
- Paternity and child support
- Probate and guardianship matters
Record searches are performed by the clerk's office. The public does not have access to certain confidential matters such as adoptions, juveniles, or sealed records. Record searches are subject to research and copy fees.
Public Records Request
White Pine County is committed to providing access to public records in accordance with Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 239. All public records, the contents of which are not otherwise declared by law to be confidential, shall be open for inspection or to obtain copies. The Requestor MUST complete and submit a Public Records Request Form.
All requests to inspect and/or obtain copies of public records must be made through the Clerk's Office.
Payments to the Clerk's Office or District Court
To make a payment, please follow the link below to make a payment to the Clerk's Office or the District Court for any fee or court-ordered fee or fine.
For additional information, please call the County Clerk. See contact information.
Nichole StepheyCounty Clerk/Registrar of Voters
Denise McLeanDeputy Clerk/Jury Commissioner/Elections Clerk
Samantha CraineDeputy Clerk
Hannah PetersDeputy Clerk
County Clerk's Office
1786 Great Basin Blvd.
Ely, NV 89301
Phone: 775-293-6509Fax: 775-289-2544
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm